The brute force attacks against WordPress sites just doesn’t end…
And hackers are constantly trying to hack new WP sites.
If your WP security is not updated, then you could be next…
Since brute force attacks against WordPress have trebled in recent months!!!
WP Security Tips
Botnet’s are the tools that the hackers use to try & get into your site.
Botnets mainly target /wp-login.php and /wp-admin to try and get access using brute force, and obviously the main target for login attempts is the default username “admin”.
Does your blog login use the username “admin”…? If so, you need to change it immediately.
The top passwords targeted include some fairly obvious one’s; so make sure you’re not using something as weak as any of these…
So if you are using something like the passwords above, then you may already be hacked.
Want some practical advice?
The most important thing you can do right now is…
1. Make sure you have a super strong password
2. Click the link below for a complete WordPress Security Plugin Suite to secure your WP site right now…
Simple WP Security Tips For Every WP Site
1. Delete any unused plugins & themes
2. Setup an “admin” that doesn’t use the name “admin”, and delete the one that does
3. Make sure all your plugins, themes & version of WP are up to date